Tuesday, December 7, 2010

An Avalanche of Abundance Awaits You

Yeah my first blog post. This has been a long time coming. I am both excited and scared at being so open, transparent and vulnerable. Sharing who I truly am with the world in such an official fashion is something I have been resisting for years. I purchased the URL for the Kindness Karousel in mid-2008 and I let the domain name expire the next year without having typed a single word.

No more hiding or pretending that I don't know who I truly am. Now is clearly the time to step forth as a force of love and light in the world.

I wrote the wisdom nugget below a number of years ago and it feels relevant as I write my first blog post. It came to me after I saw an image of all that my heart could desire on the other side of a closed door.

"An avalanche of abundance is awaiting me behind the door I'm most afraid to open."

I wondered how I could unlock that door and watch all the goodies flow in. The answer I got was that FEAR (False Evidence Appearing Real) barricaded the door shut. I knew that my task was to face my greatest fears so that I could unleash the power that would unlock the door and more importantly lead me back to myself.

I have done a very effective (yet painful) job of hiding my soul's passion and purpose behind fear and its many manifestations: addictions, anger, judgment, isolating, resisting change etc... I am living proof that what you resist persists.

I am fully confident that merely taking a small action like writing this post will move me in the direction of more fully embracing a life where I radiate love and light NO MATTER WHAT is happening within me or in the world around me.

Ok, so I faced the fear and will now push publish for the first time.
Creak, creak, creak. I just heard my door inching open. I can already feel more peace flowing in. And other posts forming in my mind. (Stay tuned for a post on spiraling down fears to see how pesky our brains can be at believing the absurd).

How wonderful and immediate we can see changes in the outside world when we make internal shifts. The shifts don't need to be large yet the intention needs to be pure.

What's on the other side of your door? Are you ready to face the fears that have been chasing you for years? What small change can you make today that will set the avalanche in motion?


Your comments are enthusiastically encouraged and welcomed. Your experience will undoubtedly inspire and/or help someone else. And isn't that the whole point of living and co-creating alongside our fellow humans?

In love and light,
Amber

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber. You're blog is much needed in our world, and on the web. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete